Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Do what you Love??

I'll still not be a broken anda
 It would be the best for me if I can pursue the thing that I love doing, professionally. I would be given money for enjoying myself!
But does it mean that that is the only thing I must pursue to earn money? else I would perish?

We would usually like to follow our love because it would lead to success! (here, success=fame + money) Assuming that you are good at what you love, there is some probability that you would reach success. But for that probability to be high, we do need to consider others factors too..

You need to be ready for struggle, you must be passionate for success so that you do not leave your battle before reaching your goal which here is success, you need to keep in mind that there are thousands more like you in the same field who might be ready to struggle, you need to see whether others are interested in your passion or not, whether you make the right choices at the right time, meet the right people at the right time, whether or not you are farsighted and so on... many of them.. But the excessive want of success seems to be the most prominent to me.

If you want to do the thing that you love, you can do it anyway, while doing something else as a profession. If you crave to be famous for that particular thing, the you are wanting success, not following your passion.If besides you passion, you are also craving for success, then you can use the passion to pursue the success! Then come all those suggestions of being optimistic, not losing hope, fight till the end to reach your goals and so on..

Now comes another thing. If we don't pursue our passions professionally, then we would be doing something else for money. Something, that we do not love but we are good at. If you do something that you are good at, I don't think you would mind doing it. And that may also lead to money. (That's what I would be doing :P)
I would not be doing something like this if I'll not be able to show it to anybody. I'll be doing this thing only if others will admire it (if I like admiration) or they give me money (if I like money) or both (if I like both). And in all these cases, I would be satisfied, I believe.

We invest something, to get something we want. The point is, whether we like the investment or not. If we do, nothing's better.

(It might seem that I am seeking excuses for not-struggling, and there's some negative thinking I am promoting here, but I don't think that that is the case.)

2 comments:

  1. Nice one! But I think if you pursue your passion and are able to reach some good level then you would be able to work with the best minds in that field + will have money and thus freedom to do whatever you want with your talent like many actors become producers many programmers are getting into entrepreneurship. In the process you would also be exposing others to the benefit of your talent. Eg- imagine if Steve Jobs, AR Rahman, Einstein did not do what they do best and weren't passionate about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly! I should pursue it if I think I should. If I get what i want, nothing better.

    We know rahman. Who knows, how many such great musicians we have not known. Maybe they also followed their passion, but didn't achieve much. Having passion is not enough to fetch you success. Many factors which are in our control or out of our control matter.

    following you passion or not should not be based upon 'just do it professionally because you love to do it, and work won't seem as work'. The argument is correct, but we have to consider other arguments too!

    ReplyDelete