Saturday, August 27, 2011

Aji log kya kahenge...

"I don't care about what people think..."
I do.
Many people say this sentence just like that.. just because they think, or are made to think, that it 'should' be this way.. that we 'should' not care about what others think about us... and they keep on repeating this sentence in several manners, at several places..seems it is just because they want others to know that they don't care about what others think!
(when i say 'many people',  I would like to clarify that I have have met only a few people in my life, and so I could be wrong on this.)
But still, its not that everybody's opinion matters to me, and its not that whatever I do is affected by other people..

I want people to know the 'correct' things about me. If some body likes me because I am free of ego, or if somebody hates me because I am a back-biter  (i don't know why these examples came up in my mind!), I would mind. I would want to clarify things, to let that somebody know that he likes/hates me for the wrong reasons. And that 'somebody' would usually be somebody I don't know, somebody I know and like/not-hate, and sometimes even somebody I hate.

When I am talking, I try to make sure I say what I believe, and not what somebody wants to hear from me. I try not to praise just because that might make somebody happy, or i don't criticize without proper reasons. I try not to say what could be the best possible option to say at that particular moment, and now I also try not to stick to one particular thought just because I said it an hour, or a week before. And I try not to change what I said a week before just like that. Only when I have reasons, which I will admit of course.
I try not to talk opposite of what a group of people is saying just because i think i should (might feel good :P), and I don't tend to agree just because I think I should. I do it only if I have enough reasons.

And I also think that it should be this way, although i don't have any right to say this.
So do what 'you' want, anything I mean. You want to send your parents to old-age homes or you want to start an NGO.. just do it, and stand by it.

If somebody hates me for a characteristic of mine which I consider as fine, then I can't do anything about that. And then comes the time when I can say that I don't really care about why somebody hates me.

1 comment:

  1. Not bad. This article is full of some good pointers, and as always, some hard to accept truth!

    ReplyDelete