Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sach nahi bolta? Phattu.

Honesty. Is it the best policy?


The reason why many(many = all I have known) people believe in speaking truth is because they want people to believe them. To not question anything they say. This gives satisfaction, and ease of life. If somebody is known to be a liar, then of course no value would be given to what  he says! When you are honest, you don't have to remember things, I mean the lies you say, you have to remember them, right. And if there is even one loophole, the lie is destroyed.
That is why I believe in speaking the truth (most of the times) or rather stay quiet.
(If somebody is forcing me to speak when I know I won't be saying what's true, I usually say something, and let the person know that it is a lie. This usually shuts his mouth :P)
Perfect lies are rare. But if it is a situation in which nobody has any chance of knowing the truth, even(!) I might lie.
I haven't seen a more truthful (more truthful? ye kaisi english hai?) person than myself. Maybe I haven't met many people. And I am not proud of this characteristic(not quality) . And I am not un-proud(!) too! I do it for my own sake.
Lastly, Speaking Truth in any case is not a virtue, Lying is not a vice. Truth is something that everybody wants to hear, so they love they people who are truthful. They admire him. That is why everybody says you should be honest, because that makes people happy, and in turn might make you happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment