Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What is Passion?


There are things that we like doing. What I have seen, is that anything that I am good at, is something I like to do. (12th standard, self experience: So long as I am able to solve my integration questions, I was in love with integration, the moment I couldn't do them, I started getting bored.) But I just like it. The happiness I get from it is that of being able to do it. Its not the happiness of doing it. If it involves people, then it is might be the happiness of being with the people and doing it, or the 'showing' of being better at something, or 'showing' to be able to do it...

But I have seen things that people 'love' 'doing', even if they don't show it to anybody. They really do feel happy. They feel happier when they share this happiness with other people. That happiness is not of 'showing' or 'being better', its just the happiness of sharing your happiness!

And I have also seen this thing, that people love to see other people happy, whether they know them or not (given that former people don't hate he latter people!) If doing something makes somebody happy, then we also love to feel that happiness, through our sense organs. I mean watching, feeling, listening etc.. There are good singers, good dancers, but we don't really like them until they themselves are feeling happy! We might appreciate the talent or the hard-work, but we don't feel happy while watching them.
If we are feeling their happiness, then we might just call that thing their passion!

I used to be confused about passion. That if I am good at something, and I try and keep becoming better at it, it is passion, or ,something is my passion, and since it is passion I keep doing it again and again many times so I become better at it through time... Now I think it is the latter one.

I have seen passionate singers, dancers, talkers, coders and techies (I am not sure of the last two, whether it really is their happiness or not.) I hope to see passions in other art forms too. I also 'guess' I have seen some people who are passionate about power, over other people.

I don't know from where does this happiness come, why does somebody feel happy, but somebody does. And that thing which makes somebody happy again and again, doesn't matter how many times it is done, is Passion. (At least I have reached this conclusion)

1 comment: